Using a real estate agent is a great idea whether you are buying or selling a home.
A real estate agent's professional services help protect your investments and save you a great deal of time on your move. By taking advantage of the agent's services, you can feel confident that you are making the best decisions for your move.
There's a good reason about 80% of homes are sold with the help of a real estate agent. Here are just a few of the ways an agent can simplify the process of buying or selling your home.
- Market Knowledge. Because of their access to the most recent market data, agents are able to give you advice on realistic purchase and listing prices. Plus, they can provide you with a report of comparable homes for sale and historic market data, so you can ensure you're getting the most for your money.
- Buying Power. A real estate agent can help you in understanding different financing options, as well as identifying qualified lenders.
- Coordinate and Host Your Showings. Whether you're buying or selling a home, real estate agents can be a lifesaver when it comes to doing that hard work for you.
- Georgia MLS and the Real Estate Agent's Contacts. Georgia Multiple Listing Service is a database of all the homes for sale by real estate agents in a particular area. Once a home is listed, information about it can be accessed by the agents and matched to buyers through Georgia MLS.
- The Right Price. One of the first things a real estate agent can present to a seller is a competitive market analysis (CMA). The CMA is based on current market trends and recent sales and is the basis for the agent's recommended list price. Setting the right price is crucial in home sales. According to the National Association of REALTORS?, sellers who use a real estate agent receive an average 20 percent more for their homes than those who sell their own homes.
- Expertise. Agents help draft contracts and know information that must be included in the documents. They can also advise you on what stipulations that should be made in the contract.
- Negotiation and Closing Assistance. One of the most difficult tasks whether buying or selling, real estate agents can be a lifesaver when it comes to doing the hard work for you. Between the initial sales agreement and closing, questions may arise. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming to most buyers and sellers. A real estate agent can help you objectively resolve any issues and move the transaction to closing with ease. Your agent will guide you through the closing process and be right there with you to explain each piece of paperwork before you sign.
- Connections to Trusted Partners. As you buy or sell a home, you may need to hire additional professional services, including: inspectors, lawyers, moving companies, plumbers and more. Let your real estate agent recommend reputable people in your community.